Wrought iron fences are a classic choice if you want a border around your property. Installing a wrought iron fence on your property will come with these five benefits.
1. A Barrier to Keep Others Away From Your Property
First, a wrought iron fence creates a barrier that helps stop people from coming onto your property. The barrier isn’t insurmountable, as most fences can be scaled by someone who’s athletic and intent on going over them. It will, however, keep the majority of people off of your property and increase the time any nefarious individuals need to gain access to your property.
- Prevent young children from going across your lawn and damaging it
- Stop passersby from walking on your lawn and causing damage
- Slow and deter burglars who want to break into your home
- Keep dogs and many other animals off your lawn
2. A Boundary to Keep Children and Pets in Your Yard
Second, a wrought iron fence will also help keep the people and animals who do belong in your yard there. Specifically, a fence will keep pets from wandering and children from running into the street. Even if you have older children, that boundary can be life-saving if a ball suddenly goes into the road and they have an impulse to chase after it.
3. An Elegant Addition to Your Home’s Aesthetic
Third, wrought iron fences are distinguished from less appealing types of fencing by their appearance.
4. A Lattice for Growing Plants
Fourth, wrought iron fences make great lattices to grow plants on. This sets these fences apart from privacy fences, which don’t have any openings between the slats for stems and vines to climb up, and adding a few plants to a wrought iron fence makes it even more elegant.
- Beans and peas
- Cucumbers and tomatoes
- Morning glories and American wisterias
- Climbing hydrangeas and trumpet honeysuckles