When it comes to choosing a fence for your property it’s important to consider what your needs are from a functional point of view as well as your aesthetic preferences.
Fences are an underrated feature of our homes – as well as boosting the kerbside appeal of our property, they offer safety and security to our house and the people inside. Your peace and quiet from nosy neighbours may be totally reliant on your fence; therefore, you need to select the perfect one for your home.
Fences come in a huge range of different designs and styles. It’s important to consider what factors are important to you before you commit to purchasing a fence. Do you want to be able to see your street, chat to passers-by over the fence, or do you want privacy? Do you have large dogs and need a fence that will adequately contain them? Do you live near a noisy road and want a fence that can help to muffle sound? Here are 10 factors to take into consideration before you choose a fence for your property:
- What is your home’s architectural style?
- Do you have young children or pets?
- Are you located near a busy street or public transport line?
- Is burglary a concern for you?
- Do you need a pedestrian gate, a driveway gate, or both?
- What is the climate of the area you live in?
- What is your budget?
- How much maintenance are you willing to do?
- Do you have any future plans for your home?
- What is the main purpose you want your fence to serve?